I confirm that within the last 14 days:
- I have not been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19
- No one in my household has been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19
- No one in my household is in the vulnerable or extremely vulnerable categories as defined in the current UK Government advice
Mountainbikers' code for safe park use
Please follow the code to ensure fun and safety for all riders at the park.
The owners reserve the right to revoke day passes and/or ban riders from the park for breach of the code.
Ride within your ability! -Trails are graded according to ability, ensure that you are competent to ride each trail. If in doubt start on the easier trails and work your way up.
Take your time! - Don't assume you know the trails, even if you have been to the park before. With constant use by riders, maintenance and improvements, features can change over time.
Riders must not push or ride up the trails.
Do not stop on the trails. If you find it necessary to stop, pull off the trail in a safe place.
When entering a trail or starting downhill, look up and give way to riders coming down the trail.
Stay on marked trails - do not cut switchbacks or modify trails.
Keep off closed trails and abide by all safety signs, information and directions from event organisers
Only ride at the park on designated uplift days- the park is private property and riding is prohibited when the park is closed to the public.
We recommend that you wear a full face helmet and Knee pads at Woodys Bike Park.
FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY ON BLACK AND DOUBLE BLACK TRAILS, WE RECOMMEND YOU WEAR A FULL FACE HELMET ON ALL TRAILS
We also strongly advise you wear gloves, body armour, eye protection and a neck brace.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FULL FACE HELMET AND KNEE PADS AND RIDE BLACK AND DOUBLE BLACK TRAILS YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PARK.
If a rider is hurt, do not attempt to move them - notify a member of staff immediately.
Footpaths are present in the park, please refrain from riding on them
Riders should give way to any walkers or other users who are on the footpaths.
It is your responsibility to ensure you and your equipment is fit for purpose.
If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol you will not be allowed to ride at the park or use the uplift service.
All participants under the age of 18 will need to provide a signed consent form from a legal guardian (aged 18 or over).
A parent or guardian must accompany riders aged 16 or under and must stay ON SITE for the duration of the uplift d
Mountain Biking, like any extreme sport, is dangerous, includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing.
There is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from the centre or its staff. The centre can accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury not arising as a result of its own act or default.
Mountain Bike Checklist
The trails at Woodys Bike Park are rough and demanding on both the bike and body. Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic. If in doubt, don't ride.
We recommend the use of modern long-travel, full suspension bikes with hydraulic disk brakes in the park.
Full face helmets and knee pads are compulsory at Woodys Bike Park on black and double black trails. Please ensure that your helmet and personal protective equipment is in good shape and is properly adjusted.
Ensure you bike is fit for purpose - Inspect bike frame for cracks, damaged or dented areas.
Ensure you have sufficient brake pads to stop your bike while descending.
Front and rear axles should be tight.
Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
Check that your tyres and rims are in good condition, with no tears or cuts in the sidewall of the tyres or any cracks in the rims. Spokes should be tight and intact.
Handle bars and handlebar grips must be tight and unable to spin.
Seat and seat post need to be fastened securely.
Suspension should be in good working order with no leaks or loose parts.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.